Guardianship In Texas

To ensure asset control in an effective guardianship of a minor or senior relative with a mental health disorder, you should speak with experienced guardianship attorney Russell Aldrich of Aldrich Law Firm, PLLC, in San Antonio.

Russell Aldrich founded our estate planning law office to benefit people just like you — individuals and couples seeking adequate long-term care for minor children or family elders who have special needs.

Guardianships are expensive, time-consuming and complex legal matters. Guardians of the person and estate frequently require the assistance of a probate attorney specializing in guardianship law. Russell Aldrich answers your questions, comforts your concerns and guides you smoothly through the legal process. Contact us to arrange your free consultation.

Aldrich Law Firm, PLLC, In San Antonio — Experienced, Attentive, Efficient

There are two types of guardians in the state of Texas — a guardian of the person and a guardian of the estate. Guardians of the person are appointed to make decisions related to the well-being and care of a person, with responsibilities that include:

  • Providing for the care, supervision and protection of the ward
  • Arranging medical care for the ward
  • Arranging for the placement of the ward in long-term facilities or hospitals
  • Making medical decisions

Guardians of the estate are appointed to make decisions related to the ward's finances. This guardian's responsibilities are:

  • Taking possession of the ward's assets
  • Making decisions related to the management and investment of assets
  • Collecting rents, claims and debts owed to the ward
  • Enforcing legal obligations owed to the ward
  • Defending the ward in any legal actions pending against him or her

Do you have questions about guardianships — who can benefit from them, how to establish one and how to contest one that you do not feel is necessary? Contact Aldrich Law Firm, PLLC. Your free initial consultation with lawyer Russell Aldrich can be arranged right now at 210-418-1150 or by email message.