Aldrich Law Firm, PLLC

Free Initial Consultation


Protecting Your Legacy

Posts tagged "probate"

What happens to my parents' estate if they pass away with debts?

As you cope and come to terms with the death of a parent, you may have many questions running through your mind about what will happen to their property. Any property and belongings they leave behind is called their estate. The process in which you might distribute or sell their property, pay any unpaid bills and pay their debts is called probate.

Avoid probate court with these 3 tips

Probate can be costly and time consuming, but there are a few ways in which you can help your family avoid probate court. Making sure you name beneficiaries, live in a community property state or sell your property and assets before death can help resolve probate concerns.

Steps to take after a parent passes away

Losing a parent is difficult at any age. Even when a parent has lived a long and full life, saying goodbye is rarely easy. Not only do the adult children have to deal with the loss, they also have to deal with the legal aspects of a death, which can be daunting and confusing, especially during an already difficult time.

Has undue influence tainted your loved one's will?

The situation often goes something like this: After a loved one passes away, his or her family members are surprised to learn of a last-minute change in the will. Large sums of money or property were left to a single person. The change just doesn't seem in line with your loved one's intentions. Suspicions build, and you start to wonder whether the recipient twisted your loved one's arm.

What is probate and when do you need it in Texas?

If someone close to you has passed away and you need to wrap up his or her affairs, you may not know where to begin. You may be asking yourself several questions. Do I need to probate the will? What does a probate court do? Do I need an attorney? Below are answers to some of these common questions.

Aldrich Law Firm, PLLC

Aldrich Law Firm, PLLC
909 NE Loop 410
Suite 602
San Antonio, TX 78209

Phone: 210-418-1150
Fax: 210-598-7221

909 NE Loop 410 Suite 602
San Antonio Law Office Map

Visa MasterCard American Express Discover