Free Initial Consultation

NOTICE: We are still open but due to COVID-19, we are currently conducting client consultations and meetings in person, through ZOOM or via teleconference. Legal services and advice may be necessary now more than ever, so please do not hesitate to call us if you have any questions or need assistance. You may request a meeting by phone at 210-418-1150 or by email at

Due to COVID-19, we offer client consultations through videoconference and by phone. Please contact us at 210-418-1150 or complete the contact form to set up a consultation that is best for your situation.
Protecting Your Legacy

Guardianship In Texas

To ensure asset control in an effective guardianship of a minor or senior relative with a mental health disorder, you should speak with experienced guardianship attorney Serena Aldrich of the Aldrich Law Firm, PLLC, in San Antonio.

Russell Aldrich founded our estate planning law office to benefit people just like you — individuals and couples seeking adequate long-term care for minor children or family elders who have special needs.

Guardianships are expensive, time-consuming and complex legal matters. Guardians of the person and estate frequently require the assistance of a probate attorney specializing in guardianship law. Serena Aldrich answers your questions, comforts your concerns and guides you smoothly through the legal process. Contact us to arrange your free consultation.

Aldrich Law Firm, PLLC, In San Antonio — Experienced, Attentive, Efficient

There are two types of guardians in the state of Texas — a guardian of the person and a guardian of the estate. Guardians of the person are appointed to make decisions related to the well-being and care of a person, with responsibilities that include:

  • Providing for the care, supervision and protection of the ward
  • Arranging medical care for the ward
  • Arranging for the placement of the ward in long-term facilities or hospitals
  • Making medical decisions

Guardians of the estate are appointed to make decisions related to the ward’s finances. This guardian’s responsibilities are:

  • Taking possession of the ward’s assets
  • Making decisions related to the management and investment of assets
  • Collecting rents, claims and debts owed to the ward
  • Enforcing legal obligations owed to the ward
  • Defending the ward in any legal actions pending against him or her

Many people do not realize that a biological parents is not the default guardian of a minor child’s estate. If a minor child is named as a beneficiary without the proper estate planning, a biological parent cannot collect any assets or funds on behalf of the minor child. The parent must qualify as the guardian of the estate of the minor child first.

Do you have questions about guardianships — who can benefit from them, how to establish one and how to contest one that you do not feel is necessary? Contact Aldrich Law Firm, PLLC. Your free initial consultation with lawyer Serena Aldrich can be arranged right now at 210-418-1150 or by email message.

Contact Us Today


Online Payment Service

Russell Aldrich founded the Aldrich Law Firm in 2011.

read more